Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Check out the Members Guide here!
New? Post an intro here!
Shops are located here!
Latest topics
Zane Has Arrived!Fri May 03, 2013 6:44 pmZaneTruesdale
Some Old and Some NewWed Jan 30, 2013 7:37 pmMalikai20
Freeman [collab]Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:15 pmMalikai20
H3R0 ROOM PRO Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:01 pmMalikai20
Malikai20...returning member new faceWed Jan 30, 2013 6:50 pmMalikai20
My Intro By Icy (dont call me something else)Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:59 pmicyeyes
Hi! My name is... A secretThu Dec 27, 2012 7:16 amfroflip
It's been fun :)Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:29 amH3R0_ELITE
Legendary.Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:40 amnoneednabs
Yusei the PuseiWed Sep 19, 2012 10:11 amH3R0_ELITE
MaaaD ShowcaseWed Sep 19, 2012 10:05 amH3R0_ELITE
Ultimate Duel Academy vs. United Nation AcademyWed Sep 19, 2012 9:31 amH3R0_ELITE
What up!!Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:07 amnoneednabs
Another game?Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:00 pmMinato
YO YO YO the king has arrivedFri Sep 07, 2012 12:45 amnoneednabs
Top posters
Minato (235)
235 Posts - 26%
Alex (211)
211 Posts - 23%
Spicer (103)
103 Posts - 11%
HenryXP (68)
68 Posts - 8%
LOKOS (57)
57 Posts - 6%
50 Posts - 6%
49 Posts - 5%
Nuran (49)
49 Posts - 5%
Vulpix (44)
44 Posts - 5%
Finly (40)
40 Posts - 4%
ChatBox

Suggestion

+6
Digi
LOKOS
dzzzzzz
slonaka
Alex
(:SleepingMomo:)
10 posters
 :: Main :: Suggestions
Go down
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue
Female Posts : 50

Suggestion Empty Suggestion

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:38 am
Decks Used: Tester/Tested

40-42 +2points 43+ 0points

Deck Build: 0/23

Uses of Card: 0/20

Misplays: 0/20

Control of the duel: 0/15

Rulings 0/20 4questions 5points each

-75 Slifer
75-90 Ra
90-100Obe

There will be no win/lose points because its not about that its about skill

3single duels with different decks Testers can uses any deck while tested cant uses Meta Burn mill exodia FTK/OTK etc.

This is to see how good the tested can work with different situation

Last edited by MonicaTheRabbit on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:34 am; edited 12 times in total

Suggestion Empty Re: Suggestion

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:39 am
Duels are best 2/3 with siding.
The ones testing will post the following under "Test Results" section:

I used (your deck) vs his/her (their deck)

Deck Construction: ?/20
(How well it all flowed together as a deck)

Dueling Skills: ?/25
(How well the person being tested played overall. Ex: Knowledge, Sportsmanship, how well he/she countered you, getting out of tough spots)

Deck Size: ?/5
(40-42 Cards = 5/5, 43-46 = 3/5, 47-50 = 1/5, 51-60 = 0/5)

Ruling Knowledge: ?/10
(Basic ruling mistakes and knowledge of cards, Each mistake is -2 points)

Match Results: ?/10
(2-0 Testee vs Tester - 10/10, 2-1 Testee vs Tester - 6/10, 1-2 Testee vs Tester - 2/10, 0-2 Testee vs Tester - 0/10)

Control of the duel: ?/10
( Give score depending on how much control they had in both duels)

Deck Creativity/Originality: ?/10
( Give a score based on what you saw about if their deck was creative/original or if it was just like the rest)

Ruling questions: ?/10
(Give out 2 ruling questions from testing section of your choice, each questions is worth 5 points)

Total Score: ?/100

Suggestions:
(Write down suggestions on how they can improve their deck,
Give tips on cards they shouldnt need, cards they should put in and strategies/Combos they can do. Write it as a list and be detailed please).

Dorms:
Slifer red = 0 - 65
Ra Yellow = 66 - 85
Obelisk Blue = 86 - 100
Alex
Alex
Ra Yellow Leader
Ra Yellow Leader
Male Posts : 211

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:42 am
I vote with Monica

Last edited by AlexRager on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
slonaka
Ultimate Elite
Ultimate Elite
Male Posts : 17

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:45 am
Like Monica's one! Easy,simple and interesting.
dzzzzzz
dzzzzzz
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:42 am
Monica's i better
LOKOS
LOKOS
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:52 am
Yeah i have been tested with the way what monice posted and i think its the best even though i dont like changing decks so much.
Alex
Alex
Ra Yellow Leader
Ra Yellow Leader

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:55 am
Well then let's use Monica's way of testing, i think everyone likes it. From what i understand we will get retested right? or is Dzzzzzz planing to confuse me? Very Happy
Digi
Digi
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue

Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:15 pm
I vote neither. Math models do not prove much regardless of how you move the numbers around. The numbers are meaningless and empty--left to be estimated by the tester themselves. At the very least the type of system that should be used is an Analytical system. This is where the Tester basically jots down notes of the match and analyzes the duelist, makes a decision based upon observation, and tun types a paragraph or so explaining the faults in the testee (thus explaining why they failed to meet X rank/dorm) and finally offers advice on how they can improve. At the very least this helps the overall performance of the duelists at the academy rather than shooting them down with heavily biased and empty numbers.

I personally despise testing systems in general when it comes to large scaled practices such as entrance exams because it always demands a number of qualified people to not only be available, but to do their job right. The goal of an academy is, of coarse, to have fun. However, if you wish to criticize people, then you may as well be constructive about it.
psychoturtle
psychoturtle
Male Posts : 32

Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:19 pm
Digi is right here. She stated the best idea and I would go with it. Testing system is a disaster atm and this is the right way to change it.
Minato
Minato
Administrator
Administrator
Male Posts : 235
https://ultimateduelacademy.forumotion.com/

Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:27 pm
Digi wrote:I vote neither. Math models do not prove much regardless of how you move the numbers around. The numbers are meaningless and empty--left to be estimated by the tester themselves. At the very least the type of system that should be used is an Analytical system. This is where the Tester basically jots down notes of the match and analyzes the duelist, makes a decision based upon observation, and tun types a paragraph or so explaining the faults in the testee (thus explaining why they failed to meet X rank/dorm) and finally offers advice on how they can improve. At the very least this helps the overall performance of the duelists at the academy rather than shooting them down with heavily biased and empty numbers.

I personally despise testing systems in general when it comes to large scaled practices such as entrance exams because it always demands a number of qualified people to not only be available, but to do their job right. The goal of an academy is, of coarse, to have fun. However, if you wish to criticize people, then you may as well be constructive about it.

[7/31/12 11:25:46 AM] Neji: Digi owns you all
[7/31/12 11:25:51 AM] DarkFusion: ofc she does

I vote for this ;o

My original idea was a written exam of like 10-15 questions and then a physical exam to determine your total rank
LOKOS
LOKOS
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:44 pm
Heh after reading Digi idea i was pretty amazed Very Happy Meh what can i say its a good one. Also Neji what physical test? Lol it sounds fun Very Happy
Minato
Minato
Administrator
Administrator

Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:49 pm
LOKOS wrote:Heh after reading Digi idea i was pretty amazed Very Happy Meh what can i say its a good one. Also Neji what physical test? Lol it sounds fun Very Happy

Ruling questions
Duel
;o

I guess...
Alex
Alex
Ra Yellow Leader
Ra Yellow Leader

Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:51 pm
You still need to figure out the time between 2 consecutive tests, and get testers to test people not moderators, most people were tested by moderators.
Minato
Minato
Administrator
Administrator

Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:53 pm
AlexRager wrote:You still need to figure out the time between 2 consecutive tests, and get testers to test people not moderators, most people were tested by moderators.

Some mods can also test.
Alex
Alex
Ra Yellow Leader
Ra Yellow Leader

Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:55 pm
Minato wrote:
AlexRager wrote:You still need to figure out the time between 2 consecutive tests, and get testers to test people not moderators, most people were tested by moderators.

Some mods can also test.

I see, either way you still need to figure the time between 2 tests (for a person)
Minato
Minato
Administrator
Administrator

Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:57 pm
^Yea

Another idea is a Tournament or Event
Gathering unranked members... the 2 winners get obelisk, 3rd place is Ra and the rest Slifer.
Meh
Digi
Digi
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue

Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:00 pm
If this is such a huge deal, then there should be no problem having the staff team (mods and admins) to conclude with the right to test untested members. Upon entering, you can have a dozen testers, yet a few active ones. It is important to have a helping hand. That is one of the plenty reasons why I personally despise any testing system (aside a war team try out which isn't as demanding.) With plentiful experience as a staff member in other places (and in the past here,) I know well enough that there will always be a shortage of testers, inaccuracy and attitude problems with said testers. Nonetheless, the philosophical goal of improving the dueling performance of the general community with a mere testing system is improbable due to said problems alongside the common folk's inability to give a damn about the results (as well as the contents in them regardless of how helpful the results may be,) resulting to you forever sucking.
Alex
Alex
Ra Yellow Leader
Ra Yellow Leader

Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:04 pm
Digi wrote:
If this is such a huge deal, then there should be no problem having the staff team (mods and admins) to conclude with the right to test untested members. Upon entering, you can have a dozen testers, yet a few active ones. It is important to have a helping hand. That is one of the plenty reasons why I personally despise any testing system (aside a war team try out which isn't as demanding.) With plentiful experience as a staff member in other places (and in the past here,) I know well enough that there will always be a shortage of testers, inaccuracy and attitude problems with said testers. Nonetheless, the philosophical goal of improving the dueling performance of the general community with a mere testing system is improbable due to said problems alongside the common folk's inability to give a damn about the results (as well as the contents in them regardless of how helpful the results may be,) resulting to you forever sucking.

Well i don't give a damn about the results, if you don't believe me go read my test results, the reason why i wan't to know all of this is because i am slightly confused upon the testing system, and it would be nice to have a finalized system soon.
Digi
Digi
Obelisk Blue
Obelisk Blue

Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:14 pm
Made my point already. You do not care for the results, so why should the staff bother making you any test system especially if they do approve mine, which will be a few paragraphs long for each result? It is really not a hard read, yet so many people see it as so.
L.Lawliet
L.Lawliet
Ultimate Elite
Ultimate Elite

Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:37 pm
Asking "questions" outside of the duel is pointless. Dueling for your "rank" is what matters.

Given that Digi's kinda right, there has to be someone that surely knows the game and how to play correctly, to even "test" someone, but here is where she is also wrong. Academies have different testers. Each academy has their standards and preferences, some have dorms, some doesn't - some use Testing System with simply asking the person who wants to be tested a number of questions, some just duel - 2/3 using 1 deck only, some wants 3 decks (nobody wants 2 decks...). All that pointless stuff said, academies are different, don't try to make them the same.

A basic knowledge of the game, such as: knowing what's an Inherent summon and what's non-Inherent summon, understanding the card text and etc - this and probably the result of the match you had with your tester (given if win or lose) can get you to the blue dorm - Obelisk.
Now I suggest that there should be a 4th dorm - elite, where only few members are permitted to join. The other test should be the same as now - duel with 1 to 3 decks, each duel should be a match - 2/3 with siding ofc, during the duels the test should ask basic questions about the game, that's about it.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:14 pm
Geez guys this doesnt have to be that complicated... pick a format and get the new menbers tested

Pantheon X
Pantheon X
Reporter
Reporter
Male Posts : 40

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:51 pm
i preffer the format that digi used, but it isnt my decision.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum